Thursday, September 24, 2015

Up North ~ Part 1

Last week, Brendan and I went up North for a long weekend. We stayed at the Burlington Bay Campground in Two Harbors. I absolutely love that campground. It was in the perfect location for what we were doing. 

The view from our campsite

We arrived shortly after 8:00 p.m. that night and of course, it was dark by then. So, we were left setting up the camper in the dark. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad!
It just happened to by my birthday, so Brendan decided to take me out! We ate at the Black Woods Bar & Grill. It was delicious! I definitely recommend it to anyone who goes to Two Harbors. They even gave me a piece of cake (for free) because it was my birthday. It was the perfect ending to a lovely day. 

Brendan took this lovely photo

The next morning Brendan and I woke up early and hopped on his motorcycle and rode into Duluth. Our first stop was the aquarium. I definitely wouldn't recommend going to it. Tickets were $16.50 each, plus $5.00 for parking. I didn't realize that everything in the aquarium were native to Lake Superior. Oh well, lesson learned. 

Afterwards, we decided to go to Glensheen Mansion. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. It was gorgeous! We did the standard tour, but I think we will be back for the more expanded tour.

Glensheen Mansion

Brendan and I in the court yard

Brendan and I in the gardens

The next morning we went back into Duluth and visited Enger Tower, a cute little malt shop, ate at Pizza Luce. 

Enjoying our malts!

No comments:

Post a Comment